A little about me

Friday 29 October 2010

The Real Truth Why I Dread Halloween

The real truth why I "dread" Halloween

Every year I grapple with joining in or staying well away. Trying to educate myself by reading tons of material from the net, receiving mixed messages and every year I don’t seem none the wiser.  Then before I know it another Halloween is upon us and it’s in your face whether you like it or not. 
 "Little M" was invited to so many Halloween events, between parties, school disco and girl scouts! It’s getting bigger every year and as a Christian I’m still really uncomfortable with it but can’t get away from it – and that’s most certainly the case if you have children. 

I may come across as a party pooper to some, I know I certainly wouldn’t be popular with M & M were I to cancel both M&M's involvement!! (and that’s very much an understatement, believe me!) but I’d be very interested in what you perceive it to be. 

Is it, as we are lead to believe by the huge marketing machine, a harmless bit of fun or is it borrowing pagan customs and superstitions of ancient people and "Christianising" them? Would joining in a little bit be just the same as a “little bit pregnant”?  As I mentioned, every year I go through the same thing.  Am I doing right?

Thoughts.....?

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment